To manage fatty liver, it is important to make certain lifestyle changes.
Here are some tips:
1. Maintain a healthy weight: Losing weight, if you are overweight or obese, can help reduce fat accumulation in the liver. Aim for a gradual weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week through a combination of a balanced diet and regular exercise.
2. Eat a healthy diet: Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your diet. Avoid or limit foods high in saturated fats, trans fats, and added sugars.
3. Exercise regularly: Engage in regular physical activity such as brisk walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling for at least 30 minutes most days of the week. Exercise helps burn excess fat and improves liver function.
4. Limit alcohol consumption: Alcohol can worsen fatty liver disease. It is important to limit or avoid alcohol completely, depending on the severity of the condition.
5. Manage underlying conditions: If you have conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, work with your healthcare provider to manage them effectively. These conditions can contribute to fatty liver disease.
6. Avoid certain medications: Some medications can cause or worsen fatty liver disease. Talk to your doctor about any medications you are taking and discuss alternative options if necessary.
7. Get vaccinated: Vaccinations for hepatitis A and B can help protect your liver from further damage.
8. Avoid exposure to toxins: Limit your exposure to toxins such as chemicals, pesticides, and fumes, as they can harm the liver.
9. Follow up with your healthcare provider: Regular check-ups and monitoring of liver function tests are important to assess the progress of fatty liver disease and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
It is important to note that these lifestyle changes may not reverse advanced stages of fatty liver disease. If you have severe fatty liver disease or complications, your healthcare provider may recommend additional treatments or interventions.
Dr. Debabrata Sarkar is a good Physician & Diabetes Doctor in Kolkata, Burdwan, Berhampore, Malda, Raghunathganj, Lalbagh. He did MBBS from Burdwan Medical College in 2013. After that Dr. Sarkar joined as House Physician in Internal Medicine and Cardiology department respectively.He gained wide experience in various patients of medicine and cardiology.He completed Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetes & Renal Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Cardiology & ECG (Certified by Royal College of Physicians, UK). Currently Dr Sarkar is working in Murshidabad Medical College & Hospital.
- How to book an appointment – You can book an appointment by calling at 9734100999 or book appointment online from ‘MedConnectPlus: Book Doctors’ app
IOS : bit.ly/mcplusios
- How much consultation cost ? – Consultation fee is Rs. 400
- May I know clinic locations? – Kolkata, Burdwan, Berhampore, Raghunathganj, Lalbagh, Malda